Look what followed me home from the Gay Naffine designer fabric sale yesterday
As well as these lovely purchases I also met some Pattern Review members in real life. That was very cool!
So what am I going to do with all this fabric, apart from fondle it and dream about garments I’ll make and what they will coordinate with (you know, the normal stuff that seamstresses do…)?
My current ideas are
- Red jeans style skirt
- Red/grey floral lining for winter coat
- Two lots of stripey PJs ( this fabric was $2 per meter. How could I leave it there!)
- Black and white something, perhaps this LMB dress 07-2009-111
- Grey with raised white squares skirt (or jacket?)
- White blouses/tops with a little bit of special sheen to them
- Navy striped skirt or shorts?
- Grey blue silk cotton ombre in some sort of gorgeous simple floaty dress?
- Another summer dress in large teal floral on black background
- And another dress in teal floral with nude background
- White top
- Yellow blouse for Felicity to go with her yellow bolero
- And another floaty skirt or dress.
12 thoughts on “Stash building confessions”
I’d say some great fabrics followed you home from where they had been abandoned. I’m all for making fabrics feel loved and wanted. In fact, I adopted myself some today, from the Zambesi fabric sale.
Great minds think alike! At first I bypassed the red/floral polyester, then thought great coat lining! I ended up with lots of striped knits to make gathered puff sleeve tops. It was fun meeting like minded sewists.
Wow that’s a gorgeous haul. Per your request, I added the dimensions of my trapezoid top into yesterday’s blog post – enjoy! I’m a Burda 38 btw.
[…] Fabric: Stretch cotton twill from Gay Naffine […]
[…] The outer fashion fabric was a very sheer cotton voile, one of Gay Naffines fabrics purchased this season. The lining was navy cotton batiste. The fashion fabric has a charcoal […]
[…] Polyester Cotton from Gay Naffine […]
[…] teenage fashion critic does not approve of the print for this style. I confess I did buy this fabric with a fun winter coat lining in […]
[…] silk twill has been in my collection for several years. It had almost got to too-good-to-use (the stage just before […]
[…] Polyester knit from Gay Naffine (from the stash and a bargain at $2 per […]
[…] Cotton voile border print from Gay Naffine and navy cotton voile for […]
[…] I made some skirts at the beach too. Simple stretch cotton summer staples. Fabric from the stash, but originally from Gay Naffine’s sales in July 2014 and November 2010. […]
[…] is a stretch cotton that’s been in my stash for even longer – 11 years. Bought in 2010. That’s deep stash. This fabric is also designer deadstock- from Gay […]