Bland, a bit stodgy but very moist and the kids like them.
Just right for back to school tomorrow (pity we already ate them all…)
- 125g (one stick) butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 1 1/3 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at time beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the mashed bananas and yoghurt.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and then fold gently into the yoghurt mixture until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into 12 1/3 cup muffin cases or a greased 22 cm (8 1/2 inch) springform pan.
- Bake 180°C (350°F) for 25 minutes or 40-50 minutes for the cake.
Recipe adapted from Australian Good Taste – February 1997 , Page 79