Thank you for all your lovely comments about Felicity’s Formal Frock made from Funky Fabric with some Flares of Frustration but now Finally Finished.
Clearly, I like F-words, and need to keep using them.
Words like Friands.
These were made by He who Cooks. And they were Fabulous!
- 180 g butter melted, plus extra for greasing
- zest of 2 large or 3 medium lemons
- 200 g pure icing sugar
- 80 g gluten free plain flour
- 125 g almond meal
- 5 egg whites, lightly whisked
- flaked almonds to sprinkle on top
- Preheat fan forced oven to 165°C (180°C for conventional oven)
- Grease 12 hole friand tin with extra melted butter
- Combine melted butter and lemon zest, then sift in icing sugar and flour, and almond meal ( if it will go through the sieve)
- Add egg whites and mix until combined and smooth
- Spoon into the holes of the friand tin and top with flaked almonds.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Recipe from For my Senses
Delicious with raspberries too.
Perfect autumn fare!