I finally did it!
Did what, you ask? Cut into my Liberty of London fabric.
It only took two and a half years.
Sewn and worn in Adelaide in October 2016.
I’ve understood the love for Liberty prints for a long time. Now I totally get the love for sewing Liberty.
Especially this print. I can have hot pink buttons and yellow button holes.
And look how good it looks without proper ironing… this was photographed straight after the blouse had been to craft night to have buttons sewn on, then folded up and squished in my craft bag for a couple of days.
Pattern: BurdaStyle 10/2012 #122
Size: 36-44, I made a 42, with a 1 cm sway back adjustment – I added a centre back seam for this.
I’m not convinced it made a lot of difference. This style is loose fitting
Changes I made:
I modified the yoke flaps like last time when I used this pattern for Felicity. They are cut out doubled so they end up with a fold at the lower edge. Burda says to finish and turn in the neck edge so they’d turn out like a loop, but I sewed the neck edges together with right sides to right sides. Mine look more like gun flaps from a trench coat.
I added little slits on the ‘cuffs’
I love this fabric