Going to a fabric store with Felicity means discouraging the purchase of multiple lengths of novelty fabric. She still manages to get a least one every trip.
Last time it was quilting cotton with a wattle print.
While I moan and groan theatrically at the time, her fabric choices usually turn out okay.
This dress was based on a Burdastyle shirt dress 06/2013 #103 that I’ve used for Felicity before.
After making the normal full bust adjustment, I cut the bodice pattern pieces off at the waist.
The skirt back was a rectangle cut the width of the fabric (112cm).
I used the original pattern to curve up from the hip. I did the same for the two fronts, and cut the facing separate.
I added tucks by eye somewhat haphazardly, with about 2 to 3 cm in each tuck.
The tucks stopped about 10 cm from the side seams, so the dress was smooth under the pockets, and a few cm from the center front so the button band was flat.
The pockets are a great shape, which I highlighted with yellow silk bias trim.
And because I could, I finished the neckline with yellow bias too!