Is it sad that I took an annual leave day to get to Gay Naffine’s sale? I think anyone reading this blog will understand…
I met a few of you for the first time at the sale; that was so nice. And saw some ‘old’ friends too! It was particularly cool that yummymummy38 and I wore garments made from the same fabric bought from the sale a year or so ago.
So what did I get?
He who Cooks described them as tablecloths, curtains and chux wipes.
The greys and blacks:
- Grey faux fur (Felicity sees this as an egg coat for her)
- Cotton blend black and white jacquard (the ‘tablecloth’, I’m thinking a dress, but it would also make an awesome swing coat)
- Grey laser cut poly blend (skirt, with contrast lining? jacket?)
- Chiffon with pleather paillettes (dress in a simple shape for going out, its sheer and those discs have great movement)
Navy and blue (the ‘curtain’ fabric and the ‘chux wipes’):
- Mechanical stretch poly blend self striped navy (probably a pencil skirt)
- Plain navy wool (not sure what this will be, but this is a gorgeous fabric that would work for lots of things)
- Blue and black poly blend jacquard (the ‘curtains’, but I am imagining a jacket and skirt, or a coat)
- Blue and white silk chiffon (Felicity can see past the ‘chux’ and into a maxi dress for her)
- Blue, navy and black rayon viscose blend double weave plaid (no idea what this is going to be, but I love this fabric)
Summer, brights and maybe linings:
- The plain red and plain white fabrics are rayon shirting weight (they might end up as linings. At $5 a metre they needed to come home with me and let me know later what they want to be)
- Oyster and grey graphic print in silk (Felicity imagines a floaty summer dress for her)
- Fine grey wool poly knit (this would be great stretch lining but could also be a top)
- Lemon stretch cotton (summer skirt or shorts for Felicity?)
It was a fun morning with lots of other sewists, commenting on each other’s choices and hoping there would be enough left on the roll after the person being served had her piece cut…
I almost came home with a double faced window pane wool in grey and black too, but I was too slow. Gay came out and took the roll back with her; she’d just had a back order from a customer and needed to make another jacket.
Such an exciting morning!
Now, I need to know what you bought if you were there.
And if you haven’t been yet, off you go! The sale runs until Sunday.